Wednesday, December 30, 2009

22 weeks: Halfway There

 
Posted by Picasa


Have I mentioned that this pregnancy is flying by? I wish I had time to take a weekly picture for scrapbooking sake, but it just isn't happening at this point. Taking a picture every few weeks will just have to suffice.


Baby girl should be around 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound by now. Babycenter says that she is starting to look like a miniature newborn. Her lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and she's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. Her eyes have formed, but her irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment.
I love getting my weekly emails to keep up with her development and view pictures of what she should look like in the womb. It's all such a little miracle...God's handiwork!

We've been playing the name game around here for weeks. We have two really good ideas, but we just need to take the plunge and decide. Miller Hendrik was decided before we even found out last go around. So, this has been all so surprising to Landon and I that we can't make our minds up. We just love family names and we have some great girl names to choose from:

"Emma Shay"- a double name... her great, great grandma on my mom's side
"Eliza"- her great grandma on my mom's side
Dorothy "Ella"- Landon's grandmother's name
Mara "Jane"- her grandma's name
All of the old fashioned names are back in the mix and now popular. It's amazing to me how they cycle through.
What an honor to be named after some Godly women. Of course, we've always loved Sophie. If Miller was a girl, that's what we'd have named him. I've had some fun on http:///www.nymbler.com mixing and matching names.
We'll announce soon!

6 comments:

The Morrows said...

you look great little mama!! i love all the name options, espcecially sophie and ella- maybe sophie ella fokens? :) you can't go wtong with any of them!

Unknown said...

You look beautiful, Erica! And, I love all of the names as well. You probably didn't notice but there was a slight typo when talking about her irises, you said "his." Gonna have to get used to having a her around, huh? =) So fun!

The Fokens Family said...

oops! thanks for the tip...it's now corrected:)

The Gaymons said...

By the way, this is Ashley. Although I am sure Matt would agree that you look beautiful, he wouldn't put it on your blog. =)

The Fokens Family said...

Ha ha! I know a few Matt's so I was scratching my brain trying to figure that one out! And, wondering which Matt would say that...LOL!!

The Cibulas said...

You look beautiful! Love that preganncy glow:)