Monday, December 7, 2009

Boy or Girl?



Just 3 short days until the ultrasound. There's just a hint of excitement around here. I find my mind racing at night picturing both options for our family of three.

Miller would just love a little brother. Landon never had a brother growing up, so he would be excited to see that dynamic with two boys. And, boys are just the sweetest little things with their mommas. I'm picturing driving a mini-van full of little boys to soccer games etc. Practically speaking, I have ALL the clothes in the same exact season. The nursery would need sprucing up a little with accessories, but not a complete overhaul. We would just keep adding to our collection of cars and trucks in the playroom. What a lucky baby to inherit a stocked playroom of little boy toys?

Now, don't get me wrong, we don't have our hearts set on a boy. There would be no tears shed if it was a sweet bundle of pink. How could you cry over all things lacy, frilly, and girly? I guess I would just have to go out and buy dresses and sweet monogrammed bloomers:)Our little outings as a family would have to include the American Girls Cafe, shopping trips, and tea dates.

So, my mind has been a little preoccupied lately...

We're praying for a healthy baby and we are beyond excited to see what God wants to give us!

3 comments:

The Thrashers said...

Can't wait!!!!! You have to call me as soon as you're allowed to tell!!!

Andrea said...

E- I can't wait to hear what your little munchkin will be. I went for the tasty glucose test today and heard a yelp come out of the ultrasound room and got excited for whoever was behind the door. No matter what we have- it's exciting everytime! Good Luck!
~Andrea

MLS said...

I think it's a boy....can't wait to hear!