Miller's done some growing up since my last developmental post at 21 months. He's entered the wonderful world of the terrific two's!!
His little vocabulary is growing by stringing together 3-4 word sentences. Of course, either the subject is left out or the verb is in the wrong tense. Toddler talk can be very amusing. It seems like the word, "NO" with a adamant head shake is becoming the answer to most questions that you ask our independent two year old. I swear this happened on the weekend he turned two. He definitely has his mind made up about most things. I've switched most questions to statements. Instead of, " Are you hungry?" I say..."Time to eat...let's have lunch"
Miller is adding to his repertoire of songs that he belts out at any given time: The Itsy Bitsy Spider, Old McDonald, Jesus Loves Me, I Love You, You Love Me (Barney), Happy Birthday anthem, ABC song, and Ho Ho Ho Hosanna. He chants the "Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar rhyme from one of our favorite books.
His favorite things: Lightening McQueen, Thomas the Train, Cookie & Elmo, The Little People characters and movies, Monster trucks, Matchbox Cars, blocks, puzzles, I Spy books where he has to hunt for a missing object, any activity involving running outside.
Hidden Talents: Miller loves finding shapes and 3D shapes all around him. He surprised Grandmama and mommy at the beach when he pointed to the headrest on her bed and said, "black cylinder". He's mastered capital letters, shapes, colors & identifying numbers to 9. We're working on the counting thing! We can get to 13 with no problem, but beyond that is a stretch. He's beginning to memorize some of the pages from our favorite books. When he spots the picture he'll repeat a key phrase or sentence from the page.
That's our two year old boy in a nutshell. We're loving this stage with our little man!
No comments:
Post a Comment