Friday, April 18, 2008

Spring Fever



Our Iris' decided to show off their blooms this week. Every spring I wait patiently for them to bloom in all their purple splendor and this happened to be the right week. Their beauty is short lived....the blooms fall off and they become plain green stalks again in just a few short weeks. We have to enjoy their happiness while they're around! We've been enjoying all that spring has to offer this week...warmer weather and all. Our afternoon walks have become longer and longer. It's just too pretty to go inside.




I decided to introduce Miller to our Iris friends this afternoon after his extended nap. Today, our baby has a "spring fever". No not the kind of spring fever where all he wants to do is play outside...the not feeling so well kind of fever. He had his 12 month checkup yesterday which of course ended with his 12 month vaccinations. Miller got three shots and a finger prick to test his iron levels now that he's off of formula. We decided to delay the chicken pox vaccination until 15 months...all so much for his little body to take in. I want to be sure that all his vaccinations are totally necessary which my ped. assures me that the benefits far outweigh the risks he could be exposed to. It's such a personal choice. You hear horror stories on both sides of the vaccination debate. Today he has a mild fever and is a little lethargic but still pretty happy, so I'm thankful for that. Poor little twelve month baby!



Here are Miller's latest stats.

Height: 30 1/2 inches long

Weight: 23 lbs 9 ounces

Head Circumference: 19 1/4 inches -still rocking the charts with that noggin of his. It's in the greater than 95%!! I knew I wasn't crazy when I had to start buying 2T hats this winter!

Tooth Count: 8 chompers

Leg Rolls: 1 on each upper thigh :)

No comments: