
Millery Christmas to All
Twas the night before Miller’s first Christmas and all through the house
The electrical sockets all had those plastic plugs in their mouths.
Miller’s stocking was hung by the chimney with care
In hopes for some gifts or perhaps some pureed dinner affair.
With Miller all nestled all snug in his crib
And visions of sweet potatoes smeared all over his bib.
With mommy in her A D Pi shirt and I not wearing a cap
Had just settled down for our mild southern winter’s nap.
When out from the nursery there arose such a clatter
I fumbled out of bed to see what was the matter
I stepped on Jackson’s tail and ran into the wall
To the nursery I dashed, which is just down the hall.
The night vision baby monitor gave off its green glow
To illuminate Miller standing up on his tippy toe
When what to my wondering eyes did appear?
Miller was cutting two teeth and the pain was severe.
His eyes how they twinkled his dimples so merry
His cheeks were like roses and his nose like a cherry
His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow
And his two new incisors were was white as the snow.
We numbed up the teeth with some sugar plum Novocain
To make the house quite so as not to drive Santa insane
For the hour was close for the very fit, slim man to appear
To place in our stockings some fun Christmas gear.
So on Miller’s first Christmas there was a little drama
To which I say he should save for his mama
But though he can’t speak he wanted me to write,
Millery Christmas to all and to all a good night.
Twas the night before Miller’s first Christmas and all through the house
The electrical sockets all had those plastic plugs in their mouths.
Miller’s stocking was hung by the chimney with care
In hopes for some gifts or perhaps some pureed dinner affair.
With Miller all nestled all snug in his crib
And visions of sweet potatoes smeared all over his bib.
With mommy in her A D Pi shirt and I not wearing a cap
Had just settled down for our mild southern winter’s nap.
When out from the nursery there arose such a clatter
I fumbled out of bed to see what was the matter
I stepped on Jackson’s tail and ran into the wall
To the nursery I dashed, which is just down the hall.
The night vision baby monitor gave off its green glow
To illuminate Miller standing up on his tippy toe
When what to my wondering eyes did appear?
Miller was cutting two teeth and the pain was severe.
His eyes how they twinkled his dimples so merry
His cheeks were like roses and his nose like a cherry
His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow
And his two new incisors were was white as the snow.
We numbed up the teeth with some sugar plum Novocain
To make the house quite so as not to drive Santa insane
For the hour was close for the very fit, slim man to appear
To place in our stockings some fun Christmas gear.
So on Miller’s first Christmas there was a little drama
To which I say he should save for his mama
But though he can’t speak he wanted me to write,
Millery Christmas to all and to all a good night.
Written by Landon:)
5 comments:
Bravo, Senor Fokens. Hope you guys had a great Christmas! Let's hang out soon.
Shane
Landon...that post is absolutely hilarious. I am impressed with your wittiness!!
Merry Christmas to The Fokens. What a special one this is!!
Lauren
Way too cute!
Just TOO much -- love it!! Merry (or is it Millery?) Christmas to you all :)
Well done, longshanks.
Happy Christmas time, ya fabulous Fokens!
Post a Comment