Sunday, May 11, 2014

Honored to be their Mom





Eliza Kate's eyes light up when she knows I'm visiting her class. With arms flung wide open and a running leap she says, "Mommy!" I never want to forget that joy of her spotting me. So you can imagine that when we both worked it out to come together, she was over the moon excited. Moms and dads were invited to come see the 3's classroom performance of a precious song:

I wish I had a little red box to put my mommy in
I'd take her out and go "muah, muah, muah"
And, put her back again!
{complete with hand motions}

She sang her heart out at home that I'm still seeing her sweet voice and hand movements in my mind's eye. Barely 4 years old is just the sweetest stage of life. For the first few moments of our visit, I couldn't help but shift my attention to the case of the missing hair bow. I didn't want to cause a ruckus searching high and low. Luckily, it was stored safely in her bag. But, I would have loved it high atop her head for her song. Oh well, at least mommy sported an appropriate floral paper bowl hat secured with a lace neck ribbon for such a fine occasion as this.

 Then a rousing rendition of Take Me Out to the Ballgame won over the dads. Landon was given a paper tie to sport around. My place setting involved the cutest of placemats and a handprint calendar collection from the seasons with scrapbook pages from different events. This is truly the way to a mom's heart.

We took a mother/daughter photo together and Eliza Kate was so proud explaining all of my special gifts that she worked so hard on.. Each seashell was carefully crafted around our frame:)


And, we can't forget about the boy. He came home bouncing off the bus carrying a bronzed shoe flower container. Can we say unique? It reminds me of bronzed, vintage baby shoes. This was oh so special knowing that it was his shoe. We've kept the flower alive so far:) 

 Between brunch, flowers, cards, kisses and hugs, I had a wonderful day celebrating with Grandmama! I'm so honored to be a mother to these two littles of mine.

No comments: