Let's face it--May is the CRAZIEST season of life with school age children. Slap on a vacation {or two}a company formal & weekly projects and this momma was almost sent to the crazy house. Not to mention, there were end of the year room mom duties to finish up sprinkled in with teaching 3rd graders a couple of mornings a week. Miller's teacher was crowned TOTY which called for special recognition. Let's just say that I didn't respond to many personal emails. I probably didn't even call you back if you left a message. I'm sure I skipped out on a few thank you notes. Please forgive me. I'm just now fully recovering:)
While Landon and I do love any excuse for a night on the town all dressed up, it took a lot of extra planning to get all fancy while still living out of half packed suitcases;) TechBridge is a non for profit fundraiser that Landon's company supports. It was a lovely night downtown with new co-workers enjoying dinner and entertainment.
This. happened. We stepped into the photo booth and played with all of the fun props. Little did we know that these were published to Facebook. I did not proudly tag the formal lovebirds smooching on our big date. How embarrassing;)
First grade decided to end the year with a bang and wow the moms with a month of special projects said no mother ever. May is the worst month to create extra work for busy moms {sigh}. Miller managed shopping in his closet for career day. I snatched EK's foiled walkie talkie from an officer visit at preschool for Miller's prop (shh!) Introducing Police Officer Miller Fokens. This is what a costume looks like in May. In September, we just might have gone all out.
His first book report however was an enjoyable shared project. He's flying through the Magic Tree House series like mad this year. Jack & Annie tickle his first grade fancy. I'm so proud of him! We filled the grocery bag with 5 props from the book to retell the story. Miller loves sharing with his sweet class of friends. He came home like a chatterbox reliving the glory of his presentation. This boy talks a mile a minute from the time his Nike's hit the pavement off the bus. He has a lot of words to communicate in one day's time. So, here's to the close of a school year in May.

No comments:
Post a Comment