I joined up with Miller's class "The Techies" for Field Day this year. This was my very first field day on the mom side of life. Field Day brings up so many happy memories as a child participating in yard games, stunts, and water fun. Each year at my school, we sported a class designed special t shirt and drove to a local park with our parents for the day. As a 3rd grade teacher, I used to appreciate the change of pace for my kids at the end of the school year. Back in the day, teachers could finish up report cards and start packing up their rooms while volunteers hosted your class. Nowadays, the teachers follow their homeroom around from station to station. What wow'ed me about Mrs. K is that she played all of the games with her class. This fine lady even got soaking wet from head to toe with the water relays. She went the distance all in the name of fun. Oh, how I love this teacher.
Notice Miller's "special friend" Amy sitting to the right of him. He just loved this sweet friend in class. It's his favorite friend that just so happens to be a girl. But, shh don't tell anyone.
Here's the Techie line up getting ready to crab walk and kick the giant ball. If you squint behind the ball you can see the banner that Nikki and I poured all of our energy into. "All Charged Up" for Field Day was our created theme since we were the Techies. We designed an iPad with text messages from Mrs. K to the class. We pasted every child's picture to their own iPhone. It was a hit with the first grade crew!
Here's the sponge relay game. They were really itching to cool off at this point. They got soaked to the bone enough to pack a change of clothes.
In between snapping pictures, navigating our way to the stations and offering water, I managed to freeze frame in my mind stolen moments of field day memories with my boy. After all, I took the morning off to enjoy my littles! Why not make the most of it?
The highlight at the end of my morning visit was watching Miller get doused with a whole bucked to hose water. He got what he asked for:) With that, I jaunted off for a Mother's Day Tea with Eliza Kate at her school. But, not before I said my sweet goodbyes from afar to Miller in order to stay dry:)
No comments:
Post a Comment