Monday, July 30, 2012

late afternoons & rainbows


Before recapping our beach memories...I've been meaning to post an update on how the kids are adjusting to the move. We've all been curious to see if Miller would be depressed, but he's our little adaptable man. Since he takes after Landon, he welcomes transitions and new places. He's done just fine. I have been keeping him busy.

I will say that the hardest part of our move is missing our friends & weekly afternoon street play. Late afternoon {around 4 pm} after naps is the hardest part of my day right now. We're trying to fill that empty space with other activities, but we can't help but think about all the fun we had on Islandora until dinner time. Old fashioned street play is how we celebrated the after nap/before dinner chunk of the day. When all the daddy's rolled home from work, we hung up our hats for family time. Just another routine that needs reworking. It helps to have a pool that's a 2 minute walk from the back door complete with a water slide calling our names.

We do carry with us these sweet memories of our block and it makes us anxious for our new neighbors, connections and relationships. It's the people, not the actual house that we miss. I've determined we're community oriented... Needles to say, I've been canvasing neighborhoods to make sure I see playscapes and street play before we consider the street. Just one more wish on the checklist...ha! 

It's a desire, not a requirement. This cutey makes friends wherever we go. Just when I start getting sentimental & discouraged that we haven't found our next house yet, God painted a rainbow in the sky over our first house. A promise. We know he's got our journey in His hands. He's got this all under control in his perfect timing. Trusting him in this transitional season for our family. We've left our comfort zone. Change is hard.

Romans 8:28
 And we know that all that happens to us is working for our good if we love God and are fitting into His plans.

1 comment:

The Cibulas said...

Love it...it is going to be amazing when it all falls into place.