Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter playdate


The Zimmermans invited us to an outdoor Easter crafting playdate on the Friday of our spring break. Ms, Kristen thought of all kinds of fun Easter crafts to enjoy. Miller loved dying a couple of eggs & dunking them in the colors. That's the part he enjoyed the most---- the dunking.  He managed to adorn his orange egg with lots of sparkly glitter too.  Glitter was everywhere. I love how all the kiddos showed up with their green monogrammed aprons from Ainsley's baking birthday party.

I'm proud of Miller for coming a long way in the crafting department. He's matured a little more this year in his ability to concentrate on a craft for longer than 2 minutes. This egg dying project surely captivated his interest!

Ta-da! The prized Easter egg.

Eliza Kate dunked an egg or two. Although, I was alarmed when I thought she'd crack the egg into pieces while decorating it. Ms. Paula talked me out of my egg cracking anxiety:)  Eliza Kate wandered over to pour water from tea cup to tea cup. Water playing was more her "cup of tea".  Sweet girl....

Miller was having a BIG time riding Ainsley's princess bike. Hey, as long as it drives..he'll conquer pink. Sophia was chasing Miller trying to catch him with her net. As you can see, it proved to be a fun little game with both boys catching Sophia in the end. They caught a cute one...Nice catch boys!

All the kids enjoyed playing on the driveway on this cool morning outside.

Eliza Kate's newest obsession are "sun-gl- asses" She says it ever so cutely. I think she fancied this hot pink pair. What's not to love about hot pink? Oh the fun I'm having watching her little interests unfold. She loves to accessorize. Notice Maggie chilling in her sun chair. These are ladies of leisure, ya know.

Lunch was picnic style on the grass. It was a collaborative effort by the moms to feed everyone. Yogurt with a straw is always a genius move. No squeezing mess! 

Then the older kids had fun hiding plastic eggs all over the yard. An impromptu egg hunt is always a great way to have fun. Although, they could barely hide them in time for the little kids to spy all their great hiding spots.
Just had to capture the back of my little honey bunny. Eliza Kate made a fun game of opening all the plastic eggs. I think she was searching for candy somewhere in the empty stash.

Love Mr. Personality cheesing it up for the camera. We bribed them with Ms. Kristen's chocolate covered peeps. They had to sit still and work the camera for their treat. We've got this group photo op down pat.

Well, kind of. On the count of three everyone yelled "PEEP"! So much for not saying a "peep".

This was the best I could do of the whole group. Aren't they a darling bunch of Easter cuties? Lucas, where are you?

Chocolate covered teeth on my boy with a spotless shirt. 

Thank you for hosting Zimmerman family.We had an "eggcellent" time!
 
And, there's little man Lucas. Eliza Kate's matching little friend of the morning;)

2 comments:

The Cibulas said...

Such cute pictures from a fun day! I love how you managed to catch an awful shot of me in the background...payback?

The Fokens Family said...

Ha..yes, total payback;) I did try to crop you out...you look tan & beautiful!