Sunday, April 22, 2012

choir performance


 Miller's been involved in 4 year old choir on Wednesday evenings at our church this year. Really, he's been going strong since the 3's program last year. The highlight to Miller man is playing instruments and getting to move around the room.
 As the year wore on this year, he definitely lost some interest in warming up his vocal chords for corporate singing every week. But, it was a great teaching opportunity this year to let our guy know that when you make a commitment to get involved in something, you stick it out until the end no matter what your emotions feel like on the day of practiceStick-to-it- tiveness is an important character quality that I hope we are instilling in Miller. Teaching him to be faithful in the little things carry over to much BIGGER decisions later in life. I could get carried away on this one.....Anyhoo-I'm thankful that these little situations come about to help us mold him into one faithful man who is able to  be counted on.

The highlight of the 4's program is the May choir performance during a Sunday evening service. It was Miller's first experience singing on the stage of our church. For the dress rehearsal, he was gobsmacked and in shock of his surroundings.This was my opportunity to grab some oh-so-precious pictures while he was singing his sincere best.  As you can imagine, he was too busy taking everything in and participating to goof off up there. My momma heart melted listening to him sing the song, "Promises Promises...God Keeps His Promises". An awesome truth that I needed to be reminded of, for sure.

One of my friend's commented that I've got this boy trained to pose. He sure has had some practice;)

See what I mean about poised? His uncontrollable hands were stuffed into his shorts to help him with self control.
 We learned a valuable lesson about our young 5 year old on this night. It turns out that our Miller man doesn't need a warm up period. Since he had 30 minutes to soak in the lime light, our guy was really feeling at home & cozy on stage. For the actual performance during the service he discovered the jumbo tron screen behind the risers and all we viewed was the back on his mop head of hair while he sang away. He commented that he was staring at himself singing on the big screen but all he could see was his hair. OH MY!! Landon calmly explained that if you face the camera, it will project your face. The camera can only capture what is directly in front of it....
Big ah-ha's for Miller on the car ride home!
I am hanging on the fact that at least he wasn't the kid turned around making large hand motions to the screen or funny faces for that matter.

I'm just one happy momma, that I have fond dress rehearsal memories to hang onto. I foresee many more  adorable performances in this little guy's future....
Posted by Picasa

No comments: