Friday, April 13, 2012

superheros & princesses


We partied it up five year old style at Jack & Sophia's double birthday party. The boys were superheros and the girl's were glamorous in their perfectly princess attire. Loving Miller's proud Batman pose.  He zoomed into the party with a special Batman accent announcing his presence...ha!You can see his full confidence in his superhero power with hands on his hips. "Batman ready" is the posture he was assuming. I think the padded muscles give him an extra ego boost. The flying cape help him fully assume character. It was an unusually cool spring day, so the Halloween costume made it's second appearance.

There's birthday boy Jack. He started the day as Batman and with a flip of the cape became Superman for his special day.

Our party princess jumped from girly activity to activity. We don't own any princess dresses yet, so the tutu and crown was our best attempt at dress up. Princesses get thirsty you know. I let her try to sip her water bottle like a lady....Lady Elizabeth Katherine that is.

Bubbles and sidewalk chalk captured her princess heart.

She loved the cardboard castle. Every princess needs a castle.

Miller was jumping away in superhero bliss for most of the party while I shadowed the little miss. Miller doesn't need me as much these days at events like these until lunchtime. But, little sister steals all of my attention with her two year old ways. There's a reason there are books written about two year olds. I'm trying not to meet her immediate demands right away. She voices a lot of requests...That's what princesses do, right?

There's the party queen, Sophia. Five candles for these two.

Right at home in the castle waiting to let down her hair;)

Batman enjoyed playing hooky from school. Now that it's spring, he's assumed the five day a week schedule. Since, he is still in preschool,  we are a little more flexible with absences for special events like these. You can't dress up as a superhero everyday to celebrate with friends.

Tutu cute girly swinging the afternoon away. A rare mommy and me shot thanks to Miss Kristen. Happy Birthday to Sophia and Jack.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Stopping by from Kelly's link up, I'm also in GA. Your kids are adorable! Feel free to stop by my blog, kierstenclark.blogspot.com

The Zimmermans said...

Love that I caught your swing in action! Such a cute moment. Love these pics of your kiddos!

rootedinlove said...

Came over from Kelly's link up! I'm a fellow Georgian! Your kids are SO cute!

rootedinloveeph3.blogspot.com

The Cibulas said...

Thank you for celebrating with us! It's always a party with the Fokens!