Saturday, July 2, 2011

patriotic picnic

Nothing like celebrating America's independence with a loud patriotic "bang". On Saturday, we kicked off the holiday at the Zimmerman's pool for some pre-fourth of July fun.





We love a pool party. Miller's newly found confidence in the water is refreshing. All because he can touch in the 3 ft.! Eliza Kate's puddle jumper floaty has made pool trips a lot easier for this momma. Add an extra set of daddy's hands and we're made in the shade. Little dare devil has no fear and loves to walk right into the water..no hesitation...a blessing & a curse. Not exactly at the "sitbesidethepoolwithagoodbook" stage of life yet...but I can hold a decent conversation with friends without being overly anxious with these two this summer. Celebrating a little more mommy independence for sure.

It's nice to have such hands on daddies in our lives. Secretly, I think Landon feels left out of our weekly pool adventures while he's working hard at the office. I joke that our playdates are a work day for me, only I don't get a lunch break:) We do take advantage of family weekends and love when daddy joins us to swim.








These two claimed the mini pool that was just their size. Nothing like patriotic swim trunks to feel festive. These two stuck together form the American flag. Looks like Miller is trying to talk Jack into taking the plunge over the ledge. What is it about boys staking their territory and loving every minute of water guns? I wasn't even safe from the line of water soaking fun! Boys.







What's a cookout without juicy watermelon dripping from your hands and face? She's loving this summer treat! The kids dined poolside at the kiddy table. I love how prim and ladylike Sophia looks next to bare chested Jack and Miller.








These two bathing beauties sunned themselves on the swimming ledge..oh so perfect for babies.







EK looks up to Maggie, five months her senior. She watches Miss Mags to see what big girls are into. Do you see the popsicle envy in her eyes? EK was intent on stealing a lick from Maggie's treat. Fortunately for EK, Kristen treated everyone to their own pop. Popsicles are a new discovery this summer.




Popsicle bribery works well to get a group shot!




.


Big brothers hanging out above their little sisters
...oh-so-cute!





Sticky popsicle faces
and drips are less stressful around a pool...

I have a feeling EK's found her favorite summertime treat.


And to think, more fourth fun awaits!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Cibulas said...

Ahhh..that was fun! I love the picture of the siblings all looking at one another. Hppy to celebrate another 4th with the Fokens!

The Gaymons said...

That is a whole lot of red, white, and blue cuteness! Looks like ya'll "did it up right!" So fun!