We celebrated a monumentous first this week with our little movie goer. The release of CARS 2 was incentive to take Miller to his first show at the theatre. Being the mature age of 4 years had a whole lot to do with it too. Miller finally has a longer attention span and sitting still span for that matter. Uncle Clay joined us for the highly anticipated event...and because he's really still a kid at heart;) In honor of Miller's first movie, I retrofied our pictures to mix it up a bit. And, to capture the feeling of reminiscing about first movies. My mom doesn't have pictures of our first movies. Partly because documenting details like these weren't a trend back then. I'm sure if she did, they'd be faded with rounded corners just like most of the childhood pictures we have.
My first movie was Return of the Jedi...I was a tag along for big brother's movie of choice. Landon's first movie was ET. While we're on topic, what was your first movie?
Miller wanted to hold his official ticket. He knew this day was a big deal.
Miller wanted to hold his official ticket. He knew this day was a big deal.
Another biggie for Miller was sporting his first Disney character t-shirt. I usually keep our guy pretty classic, but for this occasion I felt it fitting for him to sport his team colors... "Team McQueen" colors. He was thrilled. Nothing like the preshow of movie trailers. Miller was entertained with the enormo family tub of buttery popcorn...refillable....thanks Landon for the bottomless snack! Oh, and red fruit punch kept him bright eyed and bushy tailed for the entire show. His pop up chair was a big hit too.
We did hear all the buzz about the movie before attending. I knew Miller would be ok with the scary parts, but I didn't anticipate the sophisticated plot. The original CARS was a much easier story line to follow. Miller and mommy felt lost at times keeping up with the fast paced play by play. If anything, I appreciated the humor and Miller loved spotting and reaquainting himself with his favorite car characters. The new additions were a lot of fun too! Miller was not as engaged with the movie as I thought he'd be. Then again, he didn't know what was going on half the time. He laughed a good bit and interacted out loud with the characters. Movie social etiquette rules are a bit relaxed with the younger crowd. There is a whole lot more noise and commotion going on.
All in all, we give the experience 3 1/2 stars and a rowsing preschooler's thumb up. His face looks less enthused. Because the air conditioner went out half way through the show, we got additional free tickets at the end. Two movies for the price of one made daddy give the show a thumb's up!

2 comments:
Such an exciting milestone! We are taking WK to see the Pooh movie as her very first! Can't believe they are growing so fast- time please slow down!!!
My 1st was E.T. too! Thanks for the memory...ha!
Post a Comment