Farm Day at weeschool was a hit with Farmer Miller and his classmates. We had a blast down on the farm in the Busy Bee classroom ending a month long farm unit. What a joy to spend a preschool morning together just mommy and Miller.
There were games, a petting zoo and crafts. I was responsible for a "farm story". We read a personal favorite "The cow that went OINK". It was a fun little story, but I forgot about how challenging it is to hold the attention of busy bee three year olds. Not to mention, Miller hugging and wrestling all over a friend right by my feet.
Our farm snacks were pretty cute too....pigs in a blanket, lamb cupcakes and apples from the farm. Ring around the cow and finding the needle in the hay stack were some of Miller's favorite farm activities. There's just so much to do with a farm theme day!
Isn't our little farmer handsome? It's nice that he's able to wear his Halloween costume more than one time this month. As for his baby cow sister, she was napping at Grandmama and Poppy's house.
Miller loved combing all of the animal's fur. I'm always amazed at how calm the animals are with all kinds of hands prodding and poking them. I swear they are tranquilized. After 10 minutes of petting zoo fun, Miller discovered the red Ram Truck with trailer that all the animals came to school in. He longingly stared through the fence at the big truck the rest of our alloted time. Isn't that a boy for ya? I did get a comment from another mom in the class today, "Wow, Miller is ALL boy!" I've been fielding these comments for at least 2 years. I guess they see me in mid sweat trying to keep up with his fast pace go-go spirit! Love him.
1 comment:
Where are those cupcakes! I am dying to see them! Precious pictures--I got some good ideas for Maggie's 2nd...ha!
Post a Comment