Monday, August 16, 2010

First Day Jitters

This little man of mine was not the least bit jittery about the start of preschool. He was jittering with excitement about his first day. In the carpool line he commented, "Mommy, I'm cited!"

All I could do was smile as I watched him walk off hand in hand with one of the teachers into the building. I must admit, there was a twinge of sadness thinking about just how big this little man of mine is getting. I also pinched myself thinking about the early summer days of potty training when I thought that Miller wouldn't be trained enough to wear underwear to school. But, we made it! He's ready...really ready to conquer the world of preschool in big boy Matchbox underwear. He'll learn so much this year, I just know it! His red, green and blue paint stained shirt was a great sign of a "busy bee" morning. He chatted all about painting a wiggly worm (I think it was a catepillar) but he insists worm. I also got details about the snack of the day and his purple carpet square for sitting. Miller informed me that he got a happy face for behavior. Great start little man!

And now a flashback of past first days:

August 2008

August 2009

1 comment:

The Cibulas said...

OMGosh! Where has the time gone? Jack and I went through all of his old "first day" pictures and neither of us could believe how much he had grown.

Miller looks the part of a fabulous school kid ready to go! What a sweet boy!