Baby girl's chunky monkey thighs are evidence that she loves to eat. From her fat padded hands and feet to her dimpled bottom and double chin.... she's a big girl. She's eating 6 times a day about 5 ounces each session. It plays out like this...7:30, 10:00, 1:00, 3:30, 6:00. We haven't been able to drop the last cluster feeding at 8:00 right before bed. Eliza Kate was SSTN (sleeping through the night) before our beach trip last week, but our out of whack schedule messed her up and we're working on getting back into shape. If I deviate more than 30 minutes from our feeding routine, the little miss responds with an early morning awake time! As of last night, she gave me her usual SSTN...hallelujah!
I have to give Eliza Kate at least one pumped bottle a day to prevent her from turning up her nose at the idea of anything other than nursing. If I skip a day, she's so cranky with plastic in her mouth.
Eliza Kate is still taking four naps throughout the day. 9:00 a.m., cat nap at 11:30, 2:00, and a cat nap at 5:00. Once she drops her 11:30ish nap, I'm confident that I'll get a longer afternoon stretch out of her. It's so nice to have EK and Miller napping each afternoon together at the same time. I need that break!
The biggest change this month is her vocal ability. Eliza Kate is cooing, gurgling and laughing up a storm. Happy sounds fill our house! She makes so many cutesy baby sounds that Miller tries to imitate. You can tell that she likes hearing herself talk. Miller and EK form a mini choir in the backseat with their echoing sounds back and forth.
Baby girl absolutely despises her pacifier. I've tried everything to get her to take this self soother with no such luck. She decided this week that she'd rather be a finger sucker. After searching and searching for the perfect finger, EK decided on her thumb as her favorite self soother. When I awaken her in the morning, she's smacking away on her left thumb...so cute!
Landon's excited with high hopes that she'll come through and be his lefty child.
Eliza Kate is wearing 3-6 month and 6 month clothes. She seems to have a long torso, so she grows out of things fast. I love to dress her in bubbles, but her legs are a little too fat for the snaps to work. Poor baby ends up having elastic marks on her legs from the fat constriction..oh no!
Her favorite activity is still swinging and staring at her mirrored mobile overhead. EK likes her play gym as long as the music is not playing. She kicks and pumps her legs in excitement at the hanging animals. She loves to stare and coo at her colorful flower rattle.
Is it birth order, personality, or mommy confidence the second go around? I don't think we'll ever know! But, I'm thankful that our baby is relaxed and go with the flow so far. We're absolutely loving our "sweet little bundle" as Miller likes to refer to his sister. I never knew I could enjoy the infancy stage with our happy girl so much! God is so good.
2 comments:
Ahhh..I feel like I just lived Maggie's 3rd month of life all over again...she sounds just my little girly! From the elastic marks on the legs, to thumb sucking, to echoing kids in the back seat...I lived and loved it all!
Little EK is absolutely precious! You are so blessed
So So Sweet! I can't believe three months have past. I just love those cheeks, they beg to be kissed. She is just precious and I'm so happy you are doing so well with two. Gives me the baby itch!
Post a Comment