Thursday, August 12, 2010

Busy Bee

Miller is officially in three year old preschool! Ever since we found out his teacher's name, he's been curious to meet his teacher. We shined his shoes, combed his hair, brushed his teeth, and rehearsed good manners before meeting Miller's teachers at Open House today. I think I was the most excited for all of us. There is something about the start of school that always gets me excited. New beginnings, bulletin boards, school supplies and the promise of wonderful memories. Seeing Miller's name by his hook and on the class bulletin board warmed this former teacher's heart. Visiting Miller's classroom today really made me miss teaching...I love it so much!

The only thing I'm nervous about is carpool. I've been studying the route in order to make it in the correct lane and remember to flip my visor down at the right time. Poor Miller thinks he's getting on the school bus on Monday morning like all the other school aged kids on our block. I keep trying to describe what a car pool is, but he hasn't quite grasped the concept yet!

I'm sure I already got marked on his initial paperwork "high maintenance" mommy. We had lots of questions and lingered around for awhile. Two of Miller buddies are in his class, so it was fun to let Miller play and get familiar with his "hive". I can't wait for the class parties to begin!

What a blessing it is this year to participate in preschool events and have three mornings a week to enjoy the little miss. It can't get better than that!

2 comments:

The Cibulas said...

How fun! We are right there with you--we meet J's teacher tomorrow morning!

The Gaymons said...

So fun! I am right there with you with the "high maintenance" label, and Maggie is still in MDO. Oh well....you can only push down those concerns and questions so much, and then they come bubbling over. =) Hope you BOTH have a great year of preschool!