I made it to break, where I gracefully departed from school trying not to make a huge scene all the while knowing this most likely was only a false alarm. As I laid on the couch for the next few hours, the contractions grew stronger and closer together, about 8 minutes apart. With no water breaking, it's just hard to tell if this was true labor. Meanwhile, Landon's jetting home from an appointment calling every 10 minutes for the update.
After an early afternoon checkup with Dr. Huffman, we determined it was indeed not active labor. She said these 8 minute contractions could go on for days until any progress is made..ughh! We're hoping this is not the case. With visions of Father of the Bride 2 in mind, I now can relate to women who go into the hospital only to be turned away. So much for strolling in on April 29th fresh faced, wide eyed, and alert the morning of my c-section. I haven't given up hope for that yet. If anything, we're even more prepared than ever to welcome sweet Eliza Kate into our family.
Of course we snapped the traditional picture before leaving for the doctor's office. In Miller's shot, I had my bags all packed next to me. I'll be taking another one, when it's the real deal. Here's to a peaceful night of sleep with no false alarms!
No comments:
Post a Comment