Thursday, January 7, 2010

SNOW much fun!


Miller danced a little snow jig last night donning his new rain boots and last year's mittens. I wasn't sure if he would actually keep these striped suckers on as confining hats and hoods aren't his favorite. As soon as I slid them on his cold hands, he said... "Oh mommy, just like Luke!" I guess a little peer pressure does wonders for the little guy. So there we all were in the family room dancing and watching Miller's dress rehearsal in his snow gear...just in case! Snow in the south is a big deal. A few districts dismissed early in our area today with just the looming threat of snow. Crazy, I know!


Today we spent our afternoon watching the skies and wishing for a grand white dusting. And, little by little our wish was granted.
Without further adieu, I present to you our "Snow Dusting" of 2010!
Can you believe this down covered bundle of toddler wanted to use the lawn mower to plow through the dust? Quite the entertainer!

After about 15 minutes of dashing snow fun we decided to go inside. There wasn't enough to build a snowman and definitely not enough to enjoy any sledding or snow angels for that matter.

Miller's cousins in Minnesota would just laugh at our whole production in the South. Carrying on over a little flurry fun. They've been literally up to their eyeballs in snow since fall. We'll keep our adventure a little secret for now.

4 comments:

The Morrows said...

sadly, we had some big flakes, but no dusting on the ground! we took the boys out to see the flakes and realized it had turned to sleet, yuck! so no fun eating snow flakes over here today.

LegoLiams said...

Omigosh!
I was just reminded by your words and pictures you have a family. A darling one to boot!
BrahhhhH!

Erin said...

what fun...we got out and played in it today...I had to drag him back inside!

To answer your comment - yes, you should definitely take him on the train ride next year (Santa was just a small part of it, he just walked around and gave ornaments to the kids). I believe they do it for Easter too so we might do it again in the spring if we are there...Nate is obsessed with trains so he had a blast...i am sure miller would too!

The Cibulas said...

Way to go Miller! I couldn't get Jack to brave the snow...maybe next year!