Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sneak Peak

I've been MIA the past few weeks. What's keeping me so busy, you might ask? Well, besides the obvious reason of being pregnant and chasing around our almost three year old, we've been "under construction" over the last month. Miller's big boy room is in full swing. Between furniture deliveries, room assembly, mattress testing & buying, researching mesh bed rails and accessory shopping on Etsy, I've been super occupied. The UPS man makes weekly trips to ring our doorbell with the production we've got going on over here.
There's been a little detour with his bed and some irregular staining on the footboard, so I've been on the phone with Stanley on numerous occasions trying to work out the kinks. Miller's theme is a construction zone, mainly focusing on all types of trucks, his fave. I always thought we'd do a sports theme, but we have time for that later. Transportation, trucks, cars have been his favorite thing for quite some time. My next direction is looking for lamps. Wish me luck!

While I've been busy with the big boy room, I've also had my energy in baby girl's nursery. What a whirlwind, dreaming of pink and thinking about trucks at the same time. The bedding, accessories and fabric are all on order...4-6 weeks! After the fabric comes in, it's off to the seamstress for table making and pillow sewing. Sheesh, I hope it all comes together in time. Hope you didn't think that this was the actual nursery, ready and waiting. Oh, how I wish! And, I must give props to my dear friend Mandy for all her help coordinating the nursery. I'm so thankful for my girlfriends with great ideas and resources.


Here's a sample picture of the English Garden bedding from the website. I chose the colors of soft pink, white and light cocoa. This works perfectly with the soft cocoa upholstered rocking chair we've used in Miller's nursery. It's a cross between "Once Upon a Time" and shabby chic. We're using Miller's cherry nursery furniture, so it will look a little different than this.
While, you're looking at the name "Fiona", you're probably wondering like us just what letters will be hung with ribbon. No news in that arena yet! Have I mentioned we're having commit-o-phobia in the name gaming department?

When I came across a photo of baby Rain in her crib, I couldn't help but picture our sweet little thing peacefully sleeping. The pink is much softer than this picture shows.
So much to do with so little time. It will all come together in the end:)

5 comments:

The Gaymons said...

Love the English Garden...carried around a swab of it for weeks before we settled on Kerri Grace's fabric. Can't wait to see pictures of Miller's big boy room and the nursery! Oh, and we are excited for the name reveal as well!! Enjoy all of these sweet yet hectic moments, Erica.

S, J, B, & S said...

Ok, GORGEOUS nursery!! But at first glance I thought you had named your baby Fiona! PHEW. Sorry to all the Fionas out there, but I can't stand that name!! :) Ha! Can't wait to hear what Baby Fokens will be named!!

The Gaymons said...

I totally meant "swatch" when I typed "swab." I have found that with each kid, I have fewer and fewer active brain cells. :)

MLS said...

This is absolutely beautiful!! Can't wait to learn more about baby girl Fokens!

The Cibulas said...

Erica, It is going to be so gorgeous! I can't wait to see the finshed product and find out that sweet pea's name!