August 26th, 2005 was a special day to remember for Landon and me. It was the night of our Rehearsal Dinner. I was in the reflective mood this afternoon, so to make up for my lack of blogging lately, I thought we'd take a good ole stroll down memory lane.
I love this picture of my dad "practicing" giving me away. This was one of his proudest moments of the whole weekend, I'm sure. But, he wasn't outwardly sentimental about the whole thing. He was more than ready to "give me away". Maybe because I was living in their basement for four years? I think it was because he knew who he was signing me over to. It was a happy occasion, not one to cry about.
Here we are being introduced as Mr. and Mrs. Landon Jeffrey Fokens for the first practice time. It took as a few rehearsals to get the whole flow of the ceremony down.
A quick shot of me laughing with the bridesmaids. By the time I got married, this whole rehearsal thing was a piece of cake for these girls. Most of them had already had their debut down the aisle. I was one of the last holdouts. Everyone knew all of the rules to standing up in a wedding, where to stand, how to walk in, how to walk out, when to smile etc. The only challenge was figuring out how to make my side of the attendants match all of Landon's groomsmen! He has SO many friends.
Look at those stars in my eyes! Our photographer caught me eyeing my groom to be. Oh to be so young, carefree and kid free again!! Notice our matching attire. I'm kind of funny about that.
What I'm really thinking in this last stroll back down the aisle is, "don't trip" and "I'm so hungry!". The church's slick marble had my stomach in knots. Luckily, I scuffed up my shoes for the big day.
We had our dinner at Anthonys later on that night. It was a fantastic evening with close friends, family and out of town guests out on the front porch. We loved that our wedding party and extended family were all under one roof. The porch was decorated in white linens with black tie backs on all the chairs to carry out our black and white theme. Each table was named after a famous city in Georgia (just in case your a details person like mia') Landon and I went back to our rehearsal site, Anthonys on our first married Valentine's Day because the food was so fantastic.
Cheers to us Landon! Looking forward to our 4th tommorrow!
5 comments:
That was soooo much fun!!! Seems like yesterday! :)
That takes a man back. Back to when he was so warm and hairy. Geez, Erica...
Yeah..you really needed to shave that beard.
Happy Anniversary, today! The boys are celebrating their 7 month anniversary- ha! Hope you two have a fabulous one!
How wonderful! Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment