We're so glad that the weather cooperated for our fun zoo playdate today. We joined Paula & Jack, Cristina, Sophia & Alexandra, and Allison & Caroline for a zoo trip on this Memorial Day. The last time we went to the zoo as a family, I was 4 months preggo with Miller. Landon's company has a family day at the zoo each year, so I huffed and puffed my way to each exhibit. As you can imagine, this official first trip was a highly anticipated event for our little monkey.
At first, Miller was frustrated that he couldn't touch the animals up close. He kept repeating "wanna see?" I had to hold onto him so he wouldn't escape through the fence. I think he assumes that lions at the zoo are like his sweet, domesticated kitty cat at home. And, boy did we ever witness a ferocious roar from the daddy lion. There's nothing like that booming sound to command a curious toddler's attention. This made Miller laugh right out loud. One thing's for sure, he wouldn't be laughing if he was up close to this cat.
A big highlight of the day was getting to choose a brush and enjoy the goats at the petting zoo. Finally, Miller could touch the wildlife! Although, goats aren't too wild. Miller commented that the goats were napping and we're very tired.
After viewing most of the exhibits, we wrapped up the day riding the zoo train around the park. Miller enjoyed the ride until after exiting the dark tunnel. I think the older kids excited screams were a little too much! All the way home this worn out boy was talking about the choo choo train tunnel. And, the first words uttered after his nap were, "wanna go on the train?" "under the tunnel?" What a fun day to share with our friends.
2 comments:
Erica, It's me Andrea from Paula's house, I saw your comment on Paula's blog about Max and an H name, how about Maxwell Heath? Call him Max? Just an opinion. Miller looks so cute by the way @ the zoo.
Hey Andrea! We missed you at the zoo. That's a cute idea. Good thing we have a lot of time to think of a name. Number 2 isn't in the works yet!!
Post a Comment