Thursday, January 10, 2008

Creeping Crawler


Bottom Shuffling, backwards crawling, pivoting, rolling and bottoms- up stands all have led Miller to the traditional form of crawling! Our baby has found some very creative ways to move around over the last couple of months. He's been on the move since mid November but in odd ways. If he wanted the toy, he would find a way to get it. I think the only form of crawling he skipped was the army crawl.
After a progression of different modes of mobility, the traditional crawl is finally official!Yesterday, I noticed Miller do a crawl, crawl dive towards our small floor fan in the bedroom while I was getting ready for work. He continued the same pattern all afternoon. Last night, he was crawling with his back legs while his hands grabbed on to a toy with a handle bar and he figured out how to slide all over the carpet. I knew crawling would be right around the corner but I've thought that for weeks on end with his other forms of mobility. He now will crawl for something he REALLY wants. Grandmama and Poppy had the privilege to see his new mobile talent! We just can't wait to show daddy when he gets home for work.
His new found independence has led him to open doors under our entertainment center and make head butts into the base boards and corners of furniture. Miller will have to toughen up that head of his. I'm afraid he'll have a permanent bruise on his forehead. Vacuuming the floors more often has become a bigger priority because Miller will find even the tiniest piece of fuzz and put it in his mouth. Oh the joys of a baby on the move!

1 comment:

The Cibulas said...

Get ready for lots of bruises. Jack had 3 lined across his forehead the first week he was on the move. Congratulations Miller! Its a whole new world!