Friday, January 25, 2008

The 10 Kind of Grin


Happy 10 month birthday Miller! I laughed right out loud yesterday morning when I went to wake the 10 month baby up. Miller was sitting straight up in the crib clapping at my arrival with groggy half closed eyes and messed up hair. It's like he knew it was his special day, or it was just a general Happy Friday clap. Who knows? We're thinking he is already taking after me..a morning person.

Miller's latest development is mini cruising. He pulls up on the couch and then moves to his standing musical toy and then decides to go back to the couch..... hopping back and forth between two standing objects is his new activity. Our little guy also has taught himself to sit pretty smoothly from a standing position. He no longer just plops awkwardly! He'll reach his hand all the way to the floor to brace his falling bottom ,bends his legs and voila! What a funny baby!

Miller is now more adventurous in crawling. At first, he wouldn't leave my sight or the room for that matter. Now, I can hardly leave him for a second because he loves to explore new places and get into things without his mommy..the nerve of the little guy:) All in all, I'm proud that he is showing some independence, but I'm having to tell him "no" more often which is not fun. He looks at you with those big baby blues and smiles when you tell him no....he just doesn't get it yet.
For example, I just HAVE to tell him no is when he pulls up on the fireplace screen. It's pretty heavy and I don't want it to fall over on him. That screen is like a magnet calling his name every 5 minutes. I try to distract him but its the forbidden fruit luring him to crawl in it's direction. Not sure the solution to that one yet because if I take it away he'll be exploring the soot in the fireplace!! Our kitty has already tried that one and it wasn't pretty... Ahh!
Looking forward to saying YES to all kinds of fun with our baby this weekend!! Maybe an extra set of hands will make all of the difference.















1 comment:

The Cibulas said...

Happy 10 month Birthday Miller! Wow! You are growing up fast!