Sunday, May 20, 2012

season finale


We made it to the final game of tball...the season finale. While we're not jumping up & down that we've found the perfect sport for Miller, we can clearly see that he had so much fun as a beginner player. It was all about learning the fundamentals of the game. Of course, Miller's always there to make new friends. And, socially he had the game down pat!

I mean you just can't help but smile seeing all these precious players learn the game. After 30 minutes, the majority of the boys zoned out. Now that it's hot in their knickers they can only last so long before the heat wears them down. The coaches sure have to have patience with these beginner players.

The coaches made their rounds checking in with each player to make sure they knew their job in each position.

Post game, Landon led the devotion time and handed out the stars awarding each boy a sticker that matched their character trait demonstrated in the game. This task stressed Landon out until he figured out a little Excel checklist strategy of match up. Every parent is standing around circle time listening to all the great things that coach had to say...Landon figured out early on that he needed to be specific and detailed as parents hang unto every word;)
Mid season, Landon asked me why I let him volunteer himself so much...I just smiled and assured him that is he was sitting on the sidelines he'd be going stir crazy wanting to get in the game. Landon agreed...
  I'm so grateful for his commitment to assume leadership roles above and beyond our family & his daily job responsibilities. It is wearing on our family at times to have such scheduled weekends, but I know Miller notices his involvement in his life. Another reason to celebrate summer with relaxed schedules. Our family needs a break...

Trophy time came with much anticipation. I think we just might need to start a collection case. Miller was super pumped about this momento to remember the season.

He asked if his trophy was bigger than Landon's {Oscar} award from high school. It's funny the things kids pick up on. He views a bigger trophy equaling more success.

Miller's buddy Hutton (Coach Brian's son) pose after the awards ceremony.

This little sassy pants was just excited to get some bubble time in. A beautiful Saturday game-day was enjoyed by all. Nothing like spring tball Saturdays. We're hanging up our {baseball} hats on this fun weekly event for now. But, I have a feeling we'll be baaacck at the fields come spring.

No comments: