Monday, February 13, 2012

valentine's cards

Pinterest has inspired some fun little crafting projects in our house. I am a good imitator of crafting, but just need fun ideas to get the wheels turning. Last year in PreK 3, I let Miller choose pre boxed CARS Valentines for all of his friends in class. He was more than thrilled to pass out Mater & Lightening McQueen. They came complete with pencils and it did the job. This year, I wanted a keepsake card with his preschool faced photo to hand out. As time goes on, I feel like I am much more of a sentimental mommy. I ooh and ahh over sweet hand drawn pictures, and savor his four year old sloppy signature. I ponder my emotions about finding this smiley boy's Valentine in his preschool memory box. I know it will just melt my heart when he's like 12. He surely will be too old to willingly participate in my little crafting projects and photo ops by then, right?
We have done more hand print crafts at home this year as I'm trying to squeeze every ounce of preschooler out of our four year old. It's just going by all too fast.
I added a lollipop, and his card was complete. Every kid knows, it's all about the candy attached to the card anyway. This holiday of love has become a candyfest similar to Halloween. A full bag of candy came home from his exchange...crazy!
On a side note, Miller shirt reads "Most Eligible Bachelor".  It's as Valentine festive as a four year old boy can get. He thought it read most eligible spatula. With a puzzled face and scrunched up nose he asked , "What's a bachelor?" I quickly rambled off some speech about not being married. Didn't want our conversation to get too involved concerning singleness. 
His inquisitive mind tends to lead us down all kinds of avenues these days....so darling! The only other choice of shirt read "Heartbreaker".  And, while I'm not usually a fan of message t-shirt's in the school setting...especially announcing "Troublemaker" or "It wasn't me!"....this one fit the Valentines theme.

So, as anticipated...he announced to his beautiful teacher that he is indeed, "single". They were all in stitches for the Valentines party...More on that to come!

2 comments:

The Zimmermans said...

Love those cards. SO adorable!

The Cibulas said...

Jack got one of these from a friend at school. It was by far my favorite Valentine. Sooooo cute!