Monday, January 31, 2011

Family Celebrations

This "thirty something" mom of two had a wonderful birthday weekend of celebrations. Landon and I enjoyed a birthday date this past weekend while Grandmama and Poppy held down the fort. Nothing like dinner sans kiddos. No one asking for sippy cup refills, or complaining about the meal served. I didn't even have to bounce a baby on my knee and eat with one hand! Nope, just a relaxed, quiet dining experience with the man I love. This was just the luxury I needed. I had to laugh when I started to yawn around 10:00 pm on our big date. Whew! I can't burn the midnight oil anymore.

Tonight, we celebrated my birthday and Poppy's birthday with the whole fam. Miller has been talking about this dinner party the WHOLE weekend. He's our party animal. Miller wondered if I would be having a princess party. I love how he put some thought into what kind of party I would like.
We let Miller blow out the candles on our maple cake. He was sneaking icing samples and jabbing fingers into the cake all evening. The cake really is what birthdays is all about in the three year old brain.

What's a party without a party dress? I'm loving having a live doll to dress. Flashback memories of dressing our kitty cat Bandit in bonnets & dresses and strolling him in my baby buggy down the street. That poor cat! My iron baby carriage now rests in Eliza Kate's room. Look out Jackson! Fokens family outake TAKE six. Uncle Clay was so patient with our crew. I had to laugh at the little miss practicing her toe touches during our family shot. She's really into the splits lately.

Almost a winner besides EK gumming her fingers. It's impossible to get everyone smiley these days!
The evening ended with crazy Uncle Clay and Miller launching parachuting army men off of the catwalk with party balloons. This was the highlight of Miller's party fun!

1 comment:

The Cibulas said...

That split is HILARIOUS! Happy Birthday to you all!