Miller and mommy have really enjoyed Landon's time off from work this past week. What a huge help he's been entertaining Miller and helping me get back into the swing of things. Between McDonald's lunch dates, trips to the hardware store, playing on the caboose in downtown Woodstock, and putting together Miller's new scooter, this daddy duo pair have been busy. Landon's also been helping me out in the potty training dept. It's hard enough to keep track of the sleeping, feeding schedule for a newborn much less think about potty times for our little guy.
Sadly, we'll watch Landon drive off to work again in the morning:( Our first week with two has been successful, partly because Eliza Kate sleeps most of the day and because we've each had one to keep up with. It's been an artificial new reality. I know it will only get more challenging.
Landon's been my chauffeur for the past week driving us to various doctor's appointments. We had Miller's 3 year check up, EK's 5 day old check up, and a follow up with my OB. It was nice to have him there to juggle both kiddos. They tell c-section mommies not to drive for six weeks, but I think I'm up for it tomorrow. I ignored that rule last time around too. My mom's going to be my passenger in the car tomorrow just to make sure I can do it on my own.
Sadly, we'll watch Landon drive off to work again in the morning:( Our first week with two has been successful, partly because Eliza Kate sleeps most of the day and because we've each had one to keep up with. It's been an artificial new reality. I know it will only get more challenging.
Landon's been my chauffeur for the past week driving us to various doctor's appointments. We had Miller's 3 year check up, EK's 5 day old check up, and a follow up with my OB. It was nice to have him there to juggle both kiddos. They tell c-section mommies not to drive for six weeks, but I think I'm up for it tomorrow. I ignored that rule last time around too. My mom's going to be my passenger in the car tomorrow just to make sure I can do it on my own.
I'm off of pain meds now, and feeling great going up and down the stairs. Landon was my planting assistant yesterday handing me flowers to spruce up the front door planters. I'm still really careful not to lift Miller or to bend down to low to the ground. It feels good not to have that cumbersome 9 months preggo stomach in my way. Freedom!
Fortunately, Miller will still enjoy going to Miss Karen's for 3 more weeks in the mornings. He keeps asking about all his friends. When he wakes up he asks, "What are we doing today mommy?" I think he has cabin fever.
Fortunately, Miller will still enjoy going to Miss Karen's for 3 more weeks in the mornings. He keeps asking about all his friends. When he wakes up he asks, "What are we doing today mommy?" I think he has cabin fever.
Thank you Landon for holding down the fort this week. Miller's so lucky to have a whole week just with daddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment