Sunday, March 7, 2010

Happy 100th, Kappa!


What a fun weekend commemorating Kappa's centennial celebration. Since 1910, 100 AdiPi pledge classes have graduated from Samford. Brittany and I journeyed over to Birmingham for the weekend to join in all the festivities. Sisters from all the decades from Samford were in attendance. It was special to witness women with gray hair reuniting with their pledge classes from way back in the 1950's and 1960's. We proudly took our seats with 18 girls from our pledge class in the 90's section:) In fact, our 1997 pledge class was proud to have the most sisters in attendance! We've always been a tight group.

We lunched together at Ross Bridge, a beautiful new resort in Birmingham. There was lots of singing, chatting & revisiting chapter history and events. We loved seeing a slide show of sisters past and present.
We had to laugh receiving eye cream in our centennial goody bags. Are we really that old? I'm sure the younger pledge classes received lip gloss instead. Terra was such a wonderful hostess for the weekend. I drank up every minute of time with her twin one year old boys.
Saturday night, Melissa hosted us over to her house for appetizers and dinner. It wasn't long before we brought out all the old step sing videos to laugh at.
I needed this weekend. Maybe, it's because I know that my independence is going to be rocked in a couple of months.
I left with a renewed since of sisterhood and a thankful heart for friendships that stand the test of time. Since Alabama just might be the monogrammed and smocked capital of the states, I also left with some fun goodies for Eliza Kate.

2 comments:

MLS said...

Totally laughed about the eye cream, too!! Hope to see you soon =)

The Morrows said...

love you- so fun to be together! sorry about all the extra craziness, but i guess that's life now that we need eye cream :)