Thank you for your well wishes for baby Fokens number 2. We're thrilled as can be, and appreciate all of your prayers and excitement for us.
SO here's the scoop. Probably more information than you want to know. Of course, I love to document lots of details on the blog.
*My due date is May 4th, but since this baby will be a c-section, we'll expect to deliver the last week of April. Our family is fond of spring babies. The warmer weather and a LONG maternity break straight into summer just works for us.
We found out about our little bundle the day before our fourth anniversary, August 26th. There's just something about our anniversary that always holds good news. On our first anniversary, we announced that Miller was on his way. And, now three years later, another surprise greeted our family.
*At six weeks, we had our first ultrasound and heard baby's heatbeat. That sweet rythmic thumping is music to my ears. There's nothing like seeing that growing jelly bean on the screen.
*With the first trimester almost behind us, I wanted to reflect on these past 13 long weeks. Morning sickness and exhaustion hit me like a truck around 8 weeks. This time around I felt nautious all day long. The only thing that would bring relief is to snack and eat small meals throughout the day. Thankfully, I've rounded a corner and feel great on most days. I still need an afternoon nap on some days.
*Some friends have asked if Miller really gets that he'll be a big brother. We sure do talk about it a lot. I'm pretty confindent that by age 3, he'll start processing the big life change around here. I keep reminding him that the baby will sleep in his bed and Miller will get a new big boy bedroom. He loves to pat my tummy and kiss the baby. So sweet!
*I've had different cravings this time around. For the first 5 weeks, I couldn't get enough of tomatoes covered in Ken's balsamic dressing. I think I wore that craving out. Another craving has been oranges or grapefruit juice first thing in the morning. I also can't get enough of raisin bread for breakfast. I always eat an afternoon salad or carrot sticks with ranch dressing. Right before bed, I eat three peanut butter crackers to coat my stomach for the not so fun prenatal. Like clockwork, if I skip this snack I get sick first thing in the morning.
The first pregnancy, I couldn't look at or eat chicken. This time around, it tastes just fine! It's so amazing how each pregnancy can be so different.
*Oh the joys of pregnancy! My wonderful pregnant glow has been masked by preggo acne that you can't treat as well because of the medication. Also, ocular migraines have returned this time around. Seeing spots and white flashes can be kind of scary! It all is worth it in the end!
*We can't wait to welcome this brand new addition. Thanks for celebrating with us!
1 comment:
Oh how I love all of the details! So fun to hear how things are going along...PLEASE keep updating us. I can't stand the suspense of waiting on the gender!
Post a Comment