Sunday, February 8, 2009

Birmingham Soiree

This weekend Brittany and I drove over to Birmingham for the weekend to celebrate in the upcoming wedding of Melissa & Chris. Melissa has been the Star Bridesmaid throughout all of our weddings and now it's her turn to participate in all the bridal fun. Now I won't divulge just how many weddings Melissa has gladly participated in, but picture the movie 27 Dresses. No, I'm not lying! She's landed the most perfect groom for her and it's awesome to see just how God worked it out in her life. And, he's been well worth the wait.
So, you can only imagine how the bridesmaids have spoiled her during the past few months. This weekend was her fun lingerie shower and Bacherlorette weekend. We had a blast dining out at Sola de Luna and attending a dessert shower at one of the bridesmaids home on Friday night. We got a kick out of watching Melissa open her lacy to racy items to take on her honeymoon. What a wonderful weekend to reunite with sorority sisters.
 
Posted by Picasa

 


Now, we couldn't just swing into town without a special mission: Operation Hold the Twins. I've been dying to meet two special little boys born to my roommate in college, Terra on my birthday week. I've been living on sweet pictures from her blog for a week and could barely hold myself back from just getting in the car and driving over on their birthday. What a sweet, sweet time of holding Logan & Will and cuddling with them in their swaddled blankets. Terra looks amazing and makes mothering twins look like a breeze. It's just so special when one of your dearest friends has a baby. I can't wait to watch them grow (all to quickly) and hopefully become Miller's future playmates.
 

 

I have to add a special thank-you to the Rock Star daddy of 406 who joyfully watched Miller and even encouraged me to join my high school girlfriends for a night out on Saturday. I needed this weekend to recharge and socialize with the girls. Thanks babe for making it happen! I know Miller was thrilled for some daddy time.

1 comment:

The Cibulas said...

Got to love a girls weekend! Looks like you had fun! Oh, and those twins are too sweet!