Thank you for all of your special birthday wishes today as I hit the 30 year mark. I can't believe it! I woke up anxiously looking in the mirror for a new wrinkle on my forehead or the beginning signs of crow's feet to commemorate this monumental age. I did notice however several new white hairs screaming for color on my temples! Today, I feel no different. Age is just a number right? I'm actually welcoming this age quite well. My twenties flew by and were such a fun stage in life...finishing college, my first job, the young single life in Atlanta, taking vacations with friends, dating Landon, getting my masters, planning a wedding and marriage, getting hitched, purchasing our first home, and the icing on the cake... welcoming Miller into the world. I sat back today and thought about just what the thirties will have in store for me and if it's half as exciting as the last decade, I'll feel so blessed.
Tonight was the family celebration ringing in 3-0. Clay arrived first to hang out with Miller after he got up from his nap. Grandmama and Poppy arrived with a roast. Mmm..one of my absolute favorites. Landon served my new favorite appetizer, blue cheese olives. Everything was perfect all the way down to the beautiful flowers on the table. I've been practicing the words to "Happy Birthday" with Miller over the last week, so he could join in with the chorus and be prepared for his big "2" celebration in a few months. All of our practicing paid off. He sang the first line to serenade the blowing out of the candles. After cake fun, I was surprised to open a Wii Fit. What a perfect gift to get this 30 year old body back in shape. Cheers to a great, distinguished sounding thirtieth year. Thanks to all, including my third grade students who made me feel so special today!
3 comments:
Happy Happy Birthday! And I personally think the 30's are the best and we have so much yet to come!
Erica!
I didn't think you were our age. Figured you to be at least four years our junior what with all your femme's o' foxiness and youthful spirit that is only matched by your mature strength and infectious smile.
You are a splendid match for Georgie and I'm thankful I get to query, "How's your wonderful wifey, Erica of your eternal-necking-delight?" whenever I jive with him. Also to commend is that cunning cub you're raising to lead your Army of Fokenses.
May Jackson startle and club you with his un-clawed paws.
Blessings, E-baby!
HAPPY HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY ERICA!!! I hope you had a wonderful day! :)
Post a Comment