Friday, September 27, 2013

cooking playdates & lego boys


Our friend "E" greeted us for a playdate at the front door carrying a surprise bag full of all the ingredients to make cookies. Between playing dress up and pretend singing like "pop stars"--these two assumed  the role of Suzie Housemaker baking up a storm on a Friday afternoon. Whenever E walks down to our house, we play switch-a-roo and the first grade brothers hang out at her house down the street. It works out best to have a "his" and "hers" house.

They munched on apples slices while they mixed up the dough.  Rolling the dough into balls on the cookie sheet was a hit! Baking is fun when you have a friend to share the work.
 

They were even cuter to observe from behind. I love the laughter and sweet noises of little girls in the house. Of course, there's always the brief "she's not sharing" drama to always work out. But, it's wonderful to have opportunities to practice friendship skills during playdates.

"C", another neighborhood friend is a dress up playdate diva girl too. It's nice to have a few little girls to socialize with on the block. I must confess that we're still building our collection of girl's toys. We try to stay away from overindulging our kids with toys. But, now I can see that EK deserves a little spoiling coming up:)

Miller's been hosting a few boys over too. We've settled into our fall routine that only leaves Thursdays and Fridays for after school playdates. It's so convenient to have a first grade boy next door to hop on over without a whole lot of coordinating. I love organic friendships on the street where playdates just fall into place. Miller is still obsessed with imaginary play involving legos. The boys constructed their own spaceship battle ships and went to town with a whole space village.

G is also a neighborhood pal that digs lego construction. These two play Lego Skylander men and usually carry out their whole imaginary skit outside after their lego themed construction. Sticky popsicle drips are not allowed in my house:) I'm loving having a fence in the new house to contain the mud stained male gender. Now that the weather is cooling off, I can open the deck door and keep a close watch on the boys while I'm working in the kitchen. Our backyard is now a busy place these days now that the GA weather is gorgeous.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: