Monday, April 1, 2013

At the cross


We had overcast, rainy weather on Easter morning...Landon was only slightly disappointed that our meeting at the cross plans for pictures might not work out this year {smile}. This truly is one of my favorite places to take the kids on Easter--to the cross. It's just simply beautiful. For years, all the children brought flowers from home to adorn the wooden cross, but now it looks professionally groomed.

It is also special to show the kids where mommy & daddy said "I do" It was on these very grounds that we took some of our wedding pictures. And, now look at us! Two crazy kiddos running all over the courtyard laughing and chasing eachother. We feel blessed.

The weather was slightly chilly, so we all made wardrobe adjustments the day of Easter. Miller just barely pulled off  his shorts from last year & it was still too cold for sandals with Easter being so early this year. I must add that I scored Miller's shirt on ebay for a steal & EK's dress was a whopping $8.00. I pulled the monogram out with my new tool and had a friend fix it up with new initials. The consignment sale high can be addicting. I never got into it as a part time working mom, but now have the time to find good deals.

 

I'm in love with this picture--a favorite for sure. I just wish I could have backed up 5 feet in my heels:) They stood still for 30 seconds at least!

2 comments:

The Stinson Family said...

Gorgeous Easter pics, Erica!! Love how your babies coordinate!

The Morrows said...

Love that sweet picture of the kids (and family shot too!) So, the real question is HOW did you get them to stand still for 30 seconds? Best I get is about 10!