Thursday, February 28, 2013

Settling in

 Part of the joy of  unpacking & settling in was discovering the niceties of our new pad. On sunny February days, we took our after church picnic out on the back deck . After lunch, the kiddos were free to roam within the confines of the fence while Landon and I enjoyed adult conversation overlooking the littles. Miller and Eliza Kate are over the moon about the backyard & playscape. I like the freedom of being a first time fence owner:) There is beauty within boundaries if you know what I mean.
This prissy missy is a few months shy of turning three. Her twos are becoming a distant memory as each day passes. She's been 3 in so many ways for a long time. Her size and verbal ability have drop- off caregivers checking her birth date thinking I've put her in the wrong age group:)
Another February highlight included hosting Uncle Clay & Poppy over for a combined birthday dinner. We love hosting family dinners. It's like a special playdate for Miller everytime his crazy uncle comes over. He thinks Clay's there just for him. All the wrestling, chasing & rough housing it right up our 5 year olds' alley. We soak up these special dinners all together.
 
We rounded up part of the table for memory's sake. 9 months from now, I'll be searching for family photos when the annual Shutterfly book rolls around.

Candles were lit- the chorus was sung:) If you're thi;nking that our dining room looks familiar... you are right. The previous owners had a red dining room just like our Islandora home. A color overhaul is in the works soon:)
 
A joint blow out session was shared. Our girly has a few months to practice before her huffing and puffing  cupcake session. Loving all the new memories this house will hold. Savoring each one. Thankful.

No comments: