Wednesday, November 14, 2012

giving thanks


I do adore having one foot still in the preschool season of life. These years are precious. There is nothing like attending a 2 year old Thanksgiving preschool party. After hauling some goodies, decorations and a Pin the Hat on the Turkey game to EK's class...I realized the one thing I didn't have was a charged battery to capture the magic{sigh} Sometimes memories have to be captured by my mind's eye.

We attended Miller's Thanksgiving "Celebrate Families" lunch at school. I must say that my heart did flips when I caught a glimpse of my little Pilgrim boy. Who knew cardboard and construction paper could look so handsome?

We dined on all the traditional trimmings of turkey and sides. I managed to dodge a spilt chocolate milk, but Miller soaked up a small puddle on his pants before his classroom performance...boys!

Miller hopped in a quick picture with some of his Indian princess friends. Lots of giggling on that one. He commented that he's going to marry Sam. Books could be written on sweet Kindergarten crushes.

Not sure how they chose their characters, but each child made a pillowcase Indian costume & a Pilgrim costume. They switched characters for their class party the next day. I'm glad that the Kindergartners are allowed to party a little more than the older students.
 
After coaching Miller to remember to show self control during singing on our walk back to class--he wow'ed us with the most adorable rendition of the "We Give Thanks" song. I did schedule a much needed hair cut for my little pilgrim boy after school. I love his bangs long--but there's definitely a  window where he starts to look neglected with hair obstructing his view. Sometimes it takes a busy mom held captive in a chair for a few uninterrupted minutes to notice these details that need tending to.  

 Thankful for the joy these two bring to my life!

1 comment:

The Cibulas said...

cutest pilgrim and Indian...ever!!