Guess what rolled into town..again this year? The North GA fair! Landon's catching on that this event keeps coming back each fall & the rest of us get the itch to go. I'm so proud of him though for putting his game face on and joining in on all the fun. He likes to {get it over with}-- but I did catch a smile or three from him now that Miller wants to ride some of the bigger rides with his good ole' man.

The carousel was a great warm up ride for Eliza Kate. We all could ride together, so I enjoyed the round and round ride too. Her unsure face warmed up to a smile. A classic at the fair!
It was a dizzying fun, up & down feeling for the little missy. This is one of my greatest joys to observe our kiddos laughing and enjoying themselves. I can only imagine that this is how God delights in us when we enjoy his gifts to us.
Miller was tall enough for the swings this year. He really wanted to do it. I often have to hold him back and say "no, not yet!" or "you're not tall enough for that one". Then, he spots a kid his size and assures me that yes he is in fact tall enough.
I let him go--Wee! Isn't that what parenting is all about? A plastered on grin a mile wide from our boy on this one. Everyone was smiling:)
This was his surprised face when the rickety fighter plane ride jolted forward to start the ride. I loved how EK was old enough to be his co-pilot in the back. She wants to participate in everything that Miller does.
Both kids rode the flying dragons. Eliza Kate refused to sit by Miller on this ride with an entertaining stand off. She knew she wanted her own seat and control stick. the twos {sigh}
Another first for us this year was the Ferris Wheel. With no lap belt, I was a little anxious when we stalled at the tippy top overlooking the park. Miller was rambling a mile a minute excited about all the sights of the fair.
This is how EK passed the time while we took a spin on the wheel. The concessions were a big hit. They were sugared up for the ride home. What made the whole night worth it in Landon's book was Miller's comment that we were the "bestest parents" for taking him to the fair. Warms my heart when he verbalizes appreciation. I reminded Landon that it's just 364 more days until the fair rolls around next year
No comments:
Post a Comment