Spending our lazy summer days at the neighborhood swimming hole. Our magic hours are between 11:00- 1:30 to swim. We're still in afternoon nap jail- lock down at our house. I'm not complaining as we all need those late afternoon hours of peace & quiet. Miller needs a wind down pause in the busy-ness of his day too. I would say he still needs at least 2 naps per week in order to avoid the grumpys. Other afternoons, he reads or plays with his LeapPad. I even squeeze in a little shut eye on several days of the week. A rested mommy equals a happy home in my book.
My goal is to wear the kiddos out swimming, jumping and splashing. It's working, too! Miller's at the stage where it's convenient to ask a friend to join us. I feel like super mom when I can conquer the world of three kids at our pool. It's a juggling act. The boys do entertain themselves with their own games so I can focus on Eliza Kate. If she's playing, this momma can sit on the steps in peace...yippee! Although, those brief 5 minutes are usually interrupted by a good water gun soaking or the after effects of a cannon ball splash.
This little fishy is cracking us up in the water this year. She likes to play with a "noodle".
A quick phone upload from a pool playdate last week. Miller's in heaven when our block shows up to swim. We are soaking up every last minute with our friends in the hood.

1 comment:
So cute! We spent all morning at our swimming pool, too. Both girls are resting now which is so nice for Mommy!
By the way, I just throw my girls' keds in the washer and dryer when they start looking bad. Works like a charm!
Post a Comment