Sunday, February 27, 2011

Crawling Cuteness


The little miss gave herself the gift of crawling on her ten month birthday. I almost cried I was so overjoyed that it finally clicked for her. Our crawling sessions with the PT really paid off. After our initial consult, I worked this gymnast out every morning at our home gym for at least an hour. As you can see from her face in the picture below, it was challenging at times. She wanted to move so badly! Eliza Kate's biggest battle was putting weight on her knees and keeping them under her torso. We kneeled over laundry baskets, the music table, and the couch arm to make the brain body connection. In two weeks time, she went from not initiating movement to taking one to two crawls forward.

We're still going to our every other week appointments to master a good roll. This sweet thing turns into a feisty screamer the entire session. It's work, and she voices her opinion very clearly.


We're basking in the cuteness of our mobile baby. What started out as leaning forward on her hands at nine months turned into a scoot with one leg in front of her which evolved into full fledged traditional crawling. She's a curious little one too! Eliza Kate is really into pulling on lamp cords, and interested in the outlets. She likes to crawl under the kitchen table and cries when she can find no escape route out. It's created quite the drama with big brother. He is not a fan of having his toys stolen when he abandons them on the floor. Between being the referee between the toy sharing and chasing the little miss from room to room, I barely have time to get anything done.

Daring girl racked up two crawling boo boos in her first few days on the go. She managed to crawl over to her book rack and pull it over on top of her head. Then, she bumped the corner of her eye at church on the rocking chair. I can't shield her from all the obstacles, but I'm sure trying to keep her safe. I blinked and all of a sudden she's pulling out some yoga moves such as the downward dog with her legs extended and tush up in the air. She's sure shown us her independence now that she can get around.
Out come the gates and all the baby proofing equipment. It's that season of life again at our house! Video to follow!

3 comments:

The Harris Family said...

Yay! Congrats on your sweet crawler. I can't keep up with B anymore, she is quite the adventurer! Love the big bows, wish we had enough hair for them!

The Thrashers said...

She is such a cutie pie!!! Glad your PT visits paid off. :)

The Cibulas said...

Go EK Go! Yay! So excited for your sweet girl! Another milestone to check off the list!