Monday, February 15, 2010

28 Weeks: The Home Stretch

We are now in the third trimester, the home stretch. I'm still feeling great, but definitely need an afternoon nap a few times a week. This is a luxury I didn't have the first go around as I was working full time and on my feet all day. I'm hoping that my kankles won't swell with baby girl. Landon refers to them as "oompa loompa" feet. Lovely, I know.

Baby girl is most active late at night or after I've had a tall glass of ice water. She's a mover and a shaker. I'm sure this will be her sleep pattern to break as a newborn. Ahh, switching those days and nights on me.

At the grand weigh in last week, I've gained 21 pounds so far. My iron levels looked really good. You can tell I'm much more relaxed this time as I didn't even remember to ask about the results of my glucose screening. Totally slipped my mind. I thought for sure I failed it as I found out later you're not supposed to have juice that morning. The doctor gave me no directions or cheat sheet before the test. I guess she assumed I remembered the low down from 3 years ago.

My dear friend, Mr. Braxton-Hicks has greeted me with stomach tightening throughout the day. Nothing uncomfortable, I'm just aware of it this go around. With Miller, I just thought he was changing positions in utero until my midwife felt the contraction and told me what it was.

Baby girl's birthdate was set for Thursday, April 29th, 2010. If she cooperates, she'll make her grand entrance nice and early in the morning. My earliest date to deliver was the 27th, but I know I'll need a couple of days to wrap up all the details around here.

There are lots of things left to do on the checklist:
Paint the nursery
Purchase a new pack n' play
New bottles, burp cloths, all things pink
Start journaling in her baby book
Clean off all the equipment
Order new high chair strap covers
Organize her drawers and closet
Carpets cleaned
The list goes on and on!

Landon has been a huge help accomplishing my "honey do" list during the week and on the weekends. We went to buy bed rails for Miller last weekend at Babies R' Us, and just browsed the pack n'plays. We had a Chicco Sahara that broke when Miller was 15 months old. Landon kept gravitating toward the pink Graco pack n' plays! He's already in love with this little miss. I can assure you, we won't be getting any pink equipment. Who knows if we'll ever have a little boy in the future?

In other news, we have a name! You just have to hear Miller call baby girl by her name..it's simply precious. We had a heart to heart the other day before nap as he was patting my belly. I'm trying to prepare him as much as possible that there is not a baby truck in my belly. He asked me what baby girl was doing in there and I told him she was swimming. He asked, "Is she running too, momma?"

Can you guess what baby girl will be called?

5 comments:

MLS said...

Ooh...Emma Katherine...Emma Kate??

Andrea said...

Is it Ella Katherine?

Heather Dahlby said...

I know! I know! But I don't want to ruin it for everyone :)

Wasn't it a Grandma's name -- that is so sweet! So no "So Fo" -- but that is OK :) E will love her beautiful name!

The Cibulas said...

I know too! But, I also don't want to ruin for anyone! But, I must say...it was my FAVE choice! So happy you picked it. I knew you two would come through! H!er initials are beautiful too

The Morrows said...

hmmm hmmm can't wait for you to tell all... sweet EK will be so loved!