Monday, November 10, 2008

Falling Leaves


"Pees & Ti Too" are two magic words that are slowly finding their way into Miller's growing vocabulary. We practice at meal time, play time, diaper changing time, bath time, and snack time. It's too precious when I hand Miller his sippy cup and he says "ti too"..thank you. What a way to melt this momma's heart and make me want to give him the world!And, what better month than November for this little man to learn about thankfulness?
In other vocabulary news...Miller spoke his first sentence last week. It evolves something like this. "Biiiiiig Bus"..."I see the biiiig bus".....wheel. " "See the wheel?"....all thrown in together! The whole time we're driving, he relentlessly comments on all the "trains", "tractors", "tow trucks","firetrucks", "planes", "cars", "bool-buses", "helicopters" and wheels,"big wheels". Isn't that a boy for ya? I was so surprised when he added the "I see the" to form his first sentence. Grandmama taught Miller, green light means go, go, go.... to which Miller translates "ight, go, go, go!" at every intersection. As you can see our car rides are never quiet anymore, but I wouldn't have it ANY other way.
We can't even drive by Publix without Miller proclaiming "cookie" "cookie". Tears follow when he realizes we're not headed in that direction. Sometimes, I purposely re-route to avoid the confrontation. In the car the other day Landon and I were JUST talking about the grocery list, what we were going to purchase, our menu etc. and Miller piped in "cookie?" He's really picking up on what we're talking about. I guess we need to keep our Christmas conversations private or just spell out each word as a secret.
Our little sponge is also repeating alot of the words that we say. Conversation lulls like hmmm...and o.k. get echoed back. We can't even sneeze without the comment of "ahh choo". His framework of language is evolving and it's thrilling to observe.

We enjoyed a big time in the backyard this afternoon playing in all the falling leaves. Miller enjoyed stomping, crunching and running through all the piles of leaves that have collected under our Bradford Pear tree. Another highlight was playing with Miller's new red car that we discovered on our back patio. We inherited this fun new edition from our neighbor friends. I think a plastic playscape slide & swing is on its way as well!

2 comments:

The Cibulas said...

Wow! What a growing vocab! J can say please and thank you, but refuses to do so on caommand. Can you say "STUBBORN"? I love the pics in the fall leaves. Ive got to get outside and get a few myself. Happy Fall!

The Campbells said...

It is amazing how they pick up on conversations. You never know when they are listening. Now Grace is starting to pick up on the spelling, she figured out bath last night, no more in front of her secrets.